Selling a property can be a very stressful time, especially when it’s taking longer than expected to sell your home. If you’ve had endless amounts of viewings with no sign of any interest, it might be time to take a look at your home to see if there’s anything you can do to increase the chances of someone wanting to buy it.
Here are 8 great ideas to help sell your home faster.
- Increase your homes curb appeal. The first thing people see when they arrive at the property is the front of your property. Make sure the front garden is neat and tidy, and your front door has a fresh lick of paint. Add some hanging baskets and a welcome mat and your home will look much more appealing to prospective buyers.
- Hire a realtor to come and assess your home. Companies like First National Zenith will be able to advise you on certain aspects of your home that you could change to help it sell better. Be wary that these changes might mean you investing some money into the property.
- Take a look at your entrance porch. Make sure that when you enter your home that there’s nothing blocking any walkways, and that coats and shoes are either put away, or hung and stacked neatly so that you can give a good first impression on your home.
- Keep your home spotless. Especially in areas like the kitchen and the bathroom because any grime on tiles or in toilet bowls can instantly turn people off buying. Make beds, straighten up rugs and curtains, and make sure the floor is free of any debris or dirt. Make sure to clean your home each day so that you’re prepared in case any last minute viewings occur. Don’t forget to pop some air fresheners around your home to make sure that any nasty smells from bins or shoes are masked.
- Replace any worn carpets, doors and other items around your home. Unless the viewer is looking to start completely from scratch when they buy a home, anything damaged or frayed will put people off buying. So make sure any doors that groan or any dents that have occurred are fixed so your home is looking it’s best.
- While completely redecorating might be out of the question, giving walls a fresh lick of paint will brighten the place up and make it look more inviting and cared for. This will entice viewers even more than just your curb appeal.
- Don’t neglect your garden. Even if you’ve never really given it much attention, making the effort to pull any weeds and trim the lawn will help prospective buyers into imagining what they could do with the space.
- Hide away personal things. Ornaments will look great, but belongings like make up and shavers don’t look good on display to prospective buyers. Put them into storage or into a cupboard so that it’s not an eyesore for the room.
Try these eight ideas to sell your home faster! Good luck!